A Temporary Roof with shrinkwrap sheeting was installed to allow construction works to continue during winter to complete project.
The new adult psychiatric admissions ward. View the slideshow to see stages of process:
- Kentledge being placed. Kentledge is used to act as ballast weights or counterweights to provide stabilisation for the structure.
- Kentledge installed ready for roof to begin
- Temporary roof erected at ground level then lifted into place by cranage
- Following roof being lifted into place scaffold is linked together and prepared for Shrinkwrap
- Shrinkwrap being installed
- Shrinkwrap complete
- Complete and contract continues
- Work undertaken:2016